Thursday, July 12, 2007

No Spoilers, PLEASE!!

With the latest Harry Potter movie being newly released, you can't get away from the spoiler warnings. They're all over the 'Net, the paper, the news. First, I must say I appreciate these warnings very much.

Of course, I know what's going to happen in the movie as I have read the book a number of times. But I really, really, REALLY don't want to hear the media hype about the movie.

I don't want to hear about the directing or how well it did/didn't stick to the plot of the book. I don't want to hear about how much older the actors look or how the acting was. I don't want to know how many stars it's rating in the popular reviews. I don't want ot hear how well such-and-such a part was done. I just don't want to know.

I want to see it myself, on the big screen, with the too-loud surround sound in the comfy chairs with the cup holders while I try not to let my feet permanently stick to the floor. I want to get dizzy during the sweeping panoramic shots.

So, please be patient with me while I avoid anything that may remotely reference the new Harry Potter movie until I get the chance to see it myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying what I have been thinking LOL!

Trying to head there this Tuesday...cheap night, ya know ;-)

jugglingpaynes said...

LOL! I hope I didn't turn you off. My spoiler warning had nothing to do with the movie, just my impressions on whether Snape is good or bad based on the books that are out. I would love to hear your opinion on the subject before the book comes out!
My oldest is rereading the series this week, looking for hidden clues. We think we found an important one at the end of Chamber of Secrets!
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina