Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just popping in...

Just popping in before popping out.

After a good Thanksgiving weekend (and a full week of no lesson-ish stuff) we're back to the daily grind. Had some good conversations with the kids today regarding priorities and moderation. I even made notes on the chalkboard as to what we're working on this week.

It occurred to me that as soon as the warm weather hints that it's on it's way out, we tend to hibernate. So today we all made an effort to get outside with the dog before our day got away from us.

The kids and I began reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. They're pretty excited about getting into it. I'm unsure as to how I am going to be able to continue with it as a read aloud. I'm going to give it a try, though.

I set an 8am screen shut-off limit. I'm not terribly popular today. However, to be popular, I find I must sit amidst mindless programming for too many hours of the day. There was the expected roaming and moaning (Raiden...) and a little squabbling over couch space resulting in a couple of kids reading on the floor. There was also some hauling of toys from the basement, some sibling read-together time, a nice chat over lunch and a mutual tidy-up before Brian came home. Not too bad for a day in which Pokemon had to be missed.

Swimming and soccer tonight for the kidlings. To make both on time, there is some fancy kid wrangling across town and back again. It's ok though. Brian and I will enjoy a relaxed coffee while watching the kids do their things. It's great that they have found activities they enjoy.

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

blinks with mouth agape
You're only just starting Deathly Hallows? Tell a person, willya? I so hope I didn't spoil anything for you.

If you have sensitive kids, I suggest you read ahead and spoil whatever you need to. This is what I did with my son, who has fear of death issues.

Enjoy the book! Reading together as a family is a joy!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina