Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wedding Photos


Part of my procrastination comes from my Photoshop frustration. I think I need a tutor. Either that, or more regular intellectual stimulation. I've read the Photoshop Help and it's just too much! I wonder if there's a simple version? There's just so much information! I will not give up, I'll just keep plugging away at it...but I have resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't be posting prettier images for a while yet.


Here's a pic of the backseat. Everyone's all ready to go. The dog is being dropped off at the kennel on our way. She was blissfully unaware. She was so excited to be included in the packing. She stood in the way at the door while I ferried out the luggage to the car. She almost fainted with joy when we touched her leash to put her in the car after the luggage. She was so devastated to be torn from us three minutes into our trip. She was still ticked at us when we picked her up the next day.

The wedding. It was great. They wanted simple, they pulled it off. Dinner was pretty fancy, but then again, stir-fry at our house is fancy. The kids had a great time hanging out with their uncles and their significant others. We got a couple of quick swims in. We took care of Uncle Matt, who unfortunately, managed to break his wrist the day before the wedding...while snowboarding. Long story meant for telling on a different day.

The pics turned out ok. Very candid. Pics before the wedding were snapped on the fly. The bride was rushing us and pictures were low on the priority list. Pics after are a little dark as it was...night. In the lounge/bar area of the chalet.

See? Before the wedding. Notice the bride's reluctance to stand still and receive attention. This is one pic I hope to clean up and make pretty with Photoshop.

And here's the kidlets. Kori, acting very grown up with punch in her hand. This was taken in the reception room where the ceremony was held. Lighting was funny. Raiden, very snazzy in his NHL tie - a gift from the bride and groom.

And that's about all I have to say about the wedding. The happy couple is schlepping around the Canary Islands in a fancy convertable. They're due home sometime this week. The kids are not very impressed that an 8-day extend-a-honeymoon was taken. Hopefully my new brother in law has taken some time to get used to his new title of 'Uncle'. The kids are just about bursting to overuse it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO wedding picture is bad lol! And the bride looked lovely.

The kids...wow! They looked great! And I like your darker hair...very nice :-)

Thanks for sharing!