Monday, February 11, 2008

All Set Up

So there, I've done it. I set up Google Reader. 42 subscriptions and if those bloggers who regularly lurk would leave a comment, it'd be more!

At a glance, I can see which sites have been updated. That means, I can sit down a few times a day and not spend an hour clicking through links. Novel.

For those who asked via email or comments:

  • No, it's not as visually appealing as reading at the actual blog. However, it is less visually cluttered and for those of us who are easily sucked into the abyss of link-clicking, that's usually a good thing. Not that I don't appreciate the time and effort people put into the look of their blogs. I do! But my hungry children and my neglected husband and my crummy floor and my overflowing sink and my laundry monster and my magazine pile and my school shelf all appreciate every minute I'm not procrastinating at the PC;
  • Yes, I can see all the pictures you posted;
  • Yes, if I want to comment, I click through to the blog to do so...unless there's a work-around that I haven't found yet. We all know that I'm working on the fringes of my technical prowess. Don't overtax my confidence - if there's a trick, please let me know.
  • Yes, I find Google Reader more suited to me than Bloglines was. No good reason. I'm sure they both work the same.

The only other thing I've done is I've set myself up at Feedburner. I believe this is a good thing, but honestly, I don' t understand it well enough to talk about it intelligently yet. How's that for telling it like it is?! (Ree, are you there? Do you ever read the little people's blogs?) I did find a lovely Feedburner Help Center that, I'm sure, is going to be quite educational. Dontcha just love these adventures I embark on and then insist on sharing with you?!

No comments: