Sunday, March 1, 2009

Christmas...Finally Packed Away

I'm embarrassed to admit that Christmas has been hanging over my head. Hopefully my procrastination will make someone feel accomplished...on the ball...or at least seasonally aligned.

It's March 1 and I still have garland on the stairwell. I've been telling myself...and anyone who asks...that it's 'Winter-y', not necessarily 'Christmas-y'. Then I nonchalantly move my hand to cover up the Season's Greetings - From Our Family To Yours! on the hanging ornament.





And here on the hall shelf, I still have 'Winter' things going on. Snowmen...that's not Christmas-y, right?


<--- This is why things have been languishing upstairs. This is the overflowing Christmas bin...and basket...and bag. It's all clogging up my laundry area. Which is causing the ironing to get behind...


See how one too-small-bin can throw a wrench in the works?

So today I finally got to it. I emptied a larger bin whose contents could be streamlined to fit in the smaller bin....


...and made a bigger mess.







But in the end, all is well. Christmas is packed away in the larger bin. I feel better.


1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Wintery. Yes. The tablecloth is wintery. Ignore the little Christmas trees. It does have snowmen. And snowflakes. Besides, it's snowing again...

Peace and Laughter!
Cristina