Monday, September 11, 2006

Check Your Windows....My Schedule Should Be Flying By

Rai had a pretty rough night. His fever seems to be getting worse, not better. The kiddy Motrin is not doing it's job as the fever is now breaking through it mid dose. I should have made him have the Tylenol, but he likes the chewy pills. So we've reverted to 17th century fever remedies...no, not leeches...just a cool bath. I think he's caught a bug of some sort, plus there's his tooth and his stomach woes to make it all worse. I was able to get him an appointment at 4:20, so we'll pop down to see Dr. Ashe as soon as Brian gets home.

Kori seems to be feeling better. ALthough I know she's not totally 100%. She's doing absolutely nothing today...and she's not bored. That's a sure sign that's something's going on. Her throat feels better though, she says...

We did get our read aloud book picked and started. I told the kids that I would pick a selection of well written, good, literature-ish books and they could choose from that selection. We only are planning on reading a chapter a day as Rai thinks he'll get bored if we read for a long time...like 15minutes would be awful to sit though...he says. lol They picked Charlotte's Web and we read the first three chapters at Raiden's request. It is so nice to read a real book to them instead of this Pokemon cr*p that he's been enamoured with lately. However, the cr*p is actually motivating him to read independently, so I'm not complaining at all.

I've also been able to pick up an excellent typing tutor for the PC. I skipped the kid version and went straight for the 8+ version. Kori is asking to learn to type properly, so there is no time better to begin. As soon as I can get Rai settled and her set up, she'll get started on that.

That's all for now folks...going to check on the progress of our 103.7F fever...

No comments: