Saturday, October 7, 2006

A Busy Saturday

Ho-ly Hannah. You'd think I was perky or something. Let's look at the day...as I don't feel like getting philisophical on such a nice day. Now, you have to remember that normally, we do nothing on the weekends. The kids usually fend for themselves and I drink too much coffee and put off doing things until next week...

I slept in 'till 8ish. Then I took my knitting and sat on the couch with Rai. I finished his hat except for the back seam. At least his head will be covered. Showered while Kori ate leftover pizza for breakfast. She and I went dowtown to Dream Weaver to buy her friend a birthday mug. That done and Kori's Maplelea Doll shown off, we continued down to the Market. Didn't see anyone we knew but we did get to meet Tony Barnes, candidate for Mayor. We bought beets and maple syrup and cinnamon buns...or Chelsea Buns...depending on which end of 'der valley' you're from. Stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to finish off the birthday gift. Grabbed coffees and arrived home almost on schedule. Moved the laundry forward, helped Kori wrap the gift and set Rai up so he could make his cinnamon toast. Made sure Bri was functioning and we girls were out the door once again. Dropped Kori off at her friend's. Drove cross town once again to the grocery store. Got everything I needed in one pass...or so I thought. Took the groceries home. Cleaned up the main floor so I could get the groceries in the door. Cleaned out the fridge, the pantry and the cupboard. Moved things around in the freezers. Put the groceries away. My men decided to come with me to pick Kori up. Drove by the party; they weren't quite done so I swung over to the kiddy consignment store and dropped off Rai's Thomas bedding. Talk about the end of an era. Thomas will be missed. Kori was finally ready and we came home, dropping off the rest of the things in the trunk at the Goodwill on the way. I made lunch for all. Bri washed the car, the bike and organized the garage to make room for the BBQ. I cleaned the kitchen. The kids were playing with a friend outside. We loaded up again and went to Hall's. Beautiful store, but good luck finding the Mulling Spices. Off we went after I successfully navigated around the pumpkin wagon in my blind-spot. I don't like driving very much when my 'concerned' husband is the passenger. Next, it was to the soccer field where we flew the helicopter. Then home for dinner as Rai was starving. I discovered that pumpkin-pie-from-a-can requires an egg and evaporated milk, not condensed milk (of course I've got two of those taking up space in the pantry...). So, after sausages and rice we dash off to the grocery store to pick up the canned milk stuff. DQ Dilly bars for the kids' dessert and we came home for the night. Washed Rai...well, he says he washed properly...and he was off to bed. We finished the very popular Pokemon chapter book. Kori and I knit for a few minutes and then she was off to bed. I have started Kori's hat. She's choosen to have white as an accent colour to her blue/green/purple blend. Hopefully that will work out ok. It will look 'girlish' anyway, and apparently that is what we're aiming for.

So that's it...a day in the life...

In the midst of things, I popped in and out of my usually-favorite message board. I'm not enjoying it lately. Perhaps I'm outgrowing the HSing forum. It just doesn't seem to be filling the need right now. And I'm not really feeling like I belong in any of the other forums. Oh well, it's hard not to lurk. Perhaps I'm just getting sick of virtual people. I think I prefer to stick with the blogs right now. It's nicer to stay in touch this way, I think. Although a message board is always good in a pinch. I did sign up for a HSing post-card exchange, though. I'll have to do that. I'm actually looking forward to it as the kids enjoy getting mail. Almost stopped downtown today and picked up a load of postcards while I was there...but I decided to wait until I had Rai with us...that and cash would have helped. Kori and I spent the last of the shopping change on maple sugar candy.

Not much else before I sign off...I wish I had had the camera on me during our drive this evening...there was the most wonderful harvest moon out tonight. I joked with the kids that they would have to eat their Dilly Bars with their eyes closed because Daddy and I were going to do some kissing in the moonlight. They just love it when I joke like that at their ages. I may need to get out more if that's how I amuse myself...getting a rise out of the kids should not be the highlight of my day...

Maybe more tomorrow...I'm playing with the idea of dragging myself to church. And we should visit my sister. Haven't seen the new place yet and it's almost been a month. Apparently there's a ladder to the sleeping quarters?! Here's hoping they practice their fire safety plan...I'd hate to have to navigate a ladder in the dark half asleep. But, I guess the view makes up for any lack in design. And pumpkin tarts. And mulled cider in the crock pot. And maybe ask BIL, SIL, niece and nephew to visit as it is neice's birthday on Monday...

Love & Laughter to all

No comments: